Today is cake day !!!!!!!! I'm turning 33 or I could be 6, depending which way you look at it? Lol ;)
I love birthdays, and I don't mind growing older. I remember when I turned 30 some of my friends had some birthday blues, but not me - oh no, I was ready to party Arabian style!
Maybe because I've lost a few people around my age as a teenager, I cannot help but think of them as I'm growing older, knowing that they'll never experience age and all the life experiences I've had, and that worrying about wrinkles or age for that matter is such a fickle thing, because growing older is a privilege denied many, and your next birthday is never guaranteed.
Birthdays isn't just about presents, they're nice to receive of course, but what matters most is feeling special and loved on your big day. Whether it be by making me a special cuppa, breakfast in bed, a big hug and kiss or a message from the heart ... those are the things that I really like on my birthday. Give me your best smile, be kind and be happy!
The thing I love about birthdays is reflecting, looking back at all the things I've done, and looking forward to greater things to come **look at me getting all poetic and stuff**
33 Things I've Learned:
* I'm warning you that you'll see the word okay often - sorry!
1. I just don't have time for negativity or drama.
2. I've accepted that it's not my responsibility to put a smile on someone's face nor make them happy.
3. People close to you will hurt you, say things to you and never apologize for it - that doesn't mean you are what they say.
4. It's okay to not always know what the hell I'm doing or suppose to do. It just is okay.
5. Some people will like you, some won't. That's also okay.
6. I'm allowed to shop and not feel guilty about it. Even if it's the 10th shade of a bronze brown.
7. Looking at people you went to school with, acting all 80-ish year old and praying that I never become that person. It's quite alright.
8. I'm allowed to be quiet if I want to, I like myself, if I want to spend time with my own thoughts I can do that.
9. Also learning to like yourself. How are you supposed to spend 80 years with you if you don't like you. Learn to become your own best friend, it's the best thing you can ever do.
10. Don't compare yourself with anyone else 'cause that's a sure fire way to unhappiness. And also your marriage and relationship for that matter.
11. It's okay to just not give an answer. You learn who you can be honest with and who not, so it's perfectly okay to just nod and smile.
12. Do things you love and that's enjoyable, and allow your significant other to do the same! Don't be over bearing, as long as you're not hurting one another allow them space.
13. Don't break your head about things that happened, lost dreams, lost relationships or any other failures. Instead, find the things that taught you something and build on that.
14. You become what you think. If your habit is negative thinking you'll become negative and vice versa, therefore guard your mind and thoughts.
15. Never stop acting silly and having fun, and don't be the person that says "I'm too old...."
16. Don't be afraid. Take chances, you never know if you don't risk it.
17. Also, don't be afraid to say no. Without explanation. You don't owe anybody anything.
18. Whoever said you cannot choose your family had no idea what they were talking about. You're not bound by blood. You can choose your family.
19. Acknowledging your weaknesses and faults and getting help to become a better you is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength.
20. It's okay to be both outgoing and shy. I have my moments.
21. I'm not less of a domestic goddess because I hate cooking.
22. I'm funnier in my head than in real life.
23. Everybody's got an opinion, it's your job to filter through them and pick what you want without feeling obligated.
24. People will be insensitive. About a lot of things. Shrug it off and move on.
25. Sometimes you'll get hurt, and get disappointed. Cry and be angry, have your moment. But don't let it consume your life.
26. Pray. And never forget why you're here, no, it's not because you're awesome but because God planned and specially created you. Be thankful.
27. It's good to have people in your life that you can trust and vent to. Have that confidant and hearing board.
28. It's also okay to not have a gazillion friends. Not everyone is made for big groups. If you have one good friend that's okay.
29. It's perfectly acceptable to wear big hair and a smokey eye if I want. Daytime or night time.
30. There's no shame in not liking alcohol. People that raise their eyebrows and give you that "you're boring" look, no hunny, my personality and happiness doesn't come packaged in a bottle.
31. It's okay to get angry. Life is not always fair or pleasant.
32. Control yourself. Don't act out of emotion.
33. Be happy! I know it sounds simple. But try it. Wake up in the morning and train your thoughts to be happy. Happy people doesn't just happen. It's a habit they formed. So don't go raising your eyebrows and tell me it's easy for you.
I hope you enjoyed reading the things I've learned so far, you know what's exciting? Knowing that we never stop learning, we never stop growing, and each year we'll feel as if we're closer to becoming the person we're meant to be.
Hope you're having a fab day on my birthday! Haha.....